Children of the Forest, A movie to convey how to save nature#ActForAFairFuture | #SafeEnvironmentalLife
Your country is United States so currency auto changed to US Dollars
Login to see all your donation
Introduction of the program
Musik Pagi Tadi at Work, you should support them!
A movie intended for children to help them preserve their environment
“Children of the Forest”, a 2D animated film, directed and produced by a group of Indonesian Musicians, from Malang (Java Island), called Musik Pagi Tadi “.
How a group of young Indonesian musicians, talented, responsive, quick-witted and gifted in the context of creation of animations, we decided to pool their creativity in order to sensitize the young people of the country, but why not elsewhere in the world too, on the problems of preserving flora and fauna. As they heartily sum it up: “We want to save what is in nature”.
The idea behind this animated video is our desire to save what is in nature. We are fighting to preserve wildlife as it should so that our next generation will still be able to witness the greatness of God’s creation.
As we all know, illegal logging and illegal hunting caused the animals to lose their habitat. For example, we focused on South Malang, Indonesia.
There is no secret anymore about deforestation and the endangered animal trade. It’s not only dangerous for the wildlife but can affect us—the human being—like floods, landslides, etc. And it just gets worse cause there is no official regulation about this.
This project stems from a lack of awareness of the importance of flora and fauna conservation, which is threatened by poaching, endangered animal trade, illegal logging, and other destructive human activities. Our focus is straightforward.
We want to protect threatened species and nature reserves, which continue to serve as tourist attractions, and also we want to increase awareness about nature targeting from a young age to adulthood.
The reason why we decide to deliver our concern through animated music video is that music videos are an effective and environmentally friendly educational medium.
The production of this music video will use a storyline and be packed with 2D animation. Since 2D animation is more visually appealing, it is something that everyone can understand. Besides, in a digital era like these days, unique packaged information can be used as a selling point and get more engagement.
The more audience we get, the more this information spreads.
We believe we can not solve this problem by ourselves, we need each other’s back to make the world a better place.
All my friends, all of us form Musik Pagi Tadi hopes that our small movement can encourage others to be aware and do other good things -especially those that are good for the environment- starting from the smallest scope.
- Mbinu Dita – since August 2020 we are rebuilding a school and community centre in a very rural area of East Sumba. Thanks to this project, 100 children will soon return to school. It will also be the heart of our activities and projects with this community which counts about 300 families. We can’t stay on-site for more than two nights for logistical reasons there is no access to water and electricity;
- Hence, Rumah Kambera is a central and indispensable point in this long-term project to organise, plan and manage all of Mbinu Dita’s project from there;
- First Aid Kit – A project that aims to bring first aid kits to every school in East Sumba. Indeed, due to geolocation and the terrain, rural areas of Sumba do not have access to primary health care. For example, a simple scratch on foot (children and adults alike are mostly barefoot) can quickly become infected and become a significant injury. To prevent this, Kawan Baik Indonesia and Fair Future Foundation will provide first aid kits to more than 40 schools as well as train teachers on primary care treatment;
- Charis Schools – Access to education and knowledge. In collaboration with a network of volunteers and teachers from “Charis” foundation, we will organise training, conferences on subjects related to education, nutrition or health which will then be transmitted and taught in forty schools of East and West Sumba;
- Access to water – Rumah Kambera will also make it easy to collaborate with experts, knowledge sharing and to study needs. One of the main points is the lack of access to water; difficulties to rely on rain-water; we, therefore, wish to research and develop by using the resources of the island, ways to access safe and clean water. It is a long-term project that requires a “base camp” and suitable and functional premises;
- Let us go where no one goes – In the most inaccessible territories, live thousands of people who do not have access to the most basic needs in order to ensure them a healthier life, or basic medical care, access to drinking water so as not to be ill, or a source of light in order to read or study for children. This will also and above all allow us to provide medical care and take the children or even a doctor or a dentist in the nearest town which is more than hours away from where the foundation is active. A vehicle will allow the foundation to be able to get there by bringing equipment and this in safety for our volunteers and specialized collaborators;
- Permaculture – One of the greatest assets of this house is the land it sits on; large and suitable for cultivation, we will create a garden in collaboration with permaculture experts; the harvests will allow us to cook for the volunteers and the surrounding community. We will also organise training on nutrition, permaculture, experiment and find answers on how to cultivate this calcareous soil and adapt to the climate of the island where it rains only two months a year.
Rumah Kambera will be the heart of this project; preparation, teacher training and follow-ups will be done in this “base camp”.
We thank you all for helping us make this film because if it is successful, others will follow. The start of a great adventure, the preservation of nature and all its inhabitants goes through education, information to the youngest among us.