Act to offer a Christmas for 50 kids in Lapinu

Let’s make a little Christmas miracle for these children. Surely the first Christmas of their life with light thanks to the solar panels to continue celebrating after dark! Give them a small gift and a cooked dish to make this day special.

Thank you to all our donors, we have met our fundraising goal.

Christmas in Lapinu 2019 with Kawan Baik Indonesia

On January 10th 2020 and for two days, we went to Lapinu, a tiny village, nestled in the middle of nowhere, located east of Sumba Island, one of the poorest regions of Indonesia and Asia.

As you know, we organised a program to celebrate Christmas with the children and the population of this village, during our week of work on site. We have indeed three programs that have started almost at the same time in East Sumba.

For the Christmas party in Lapinu, we have prepared a festive meal: Spaghetti and homemade Italian sauce, prepared by all of us. The village has no water or electricity, it was a real challenge for all of us, but this challenge quickly turned into a real success.

It was wonderful to see all these children happy like never before. The 50 children of the village received gifts from Santa Claus: A headlamp, a unique t-shirt, with a specific pattern to Sumba, that the Foundation (Kawan Gogon) made only for them. Books, a globe and two wall clocks for the school, which is made entirely of bamboo and wood.

We also offered and installed two solar lamps to light the village and its community: We put them on poles of irons that we had made in Waingapu. Now, Lapinu, his children, his community have light for the 1st time. What a magical moment to see and live, after dark, these children still playing football in front of their school !!! Unbelievable!

The foundation funded 70% of the “Christmas in Lapinu” program, the remaining 30% having been offered by private donors on We take this opportunity to thank them all from the bottom of our hearts and much more. We are speechless!

Words are sometimes superfluous. So let’s make room for them, to show you some photos of this event.