Offer children in disadvantaged villages, to obtaining a quality education#ActForAFairFuture | #EducationForBetterFuture
Make a bank transfer to one of our Swiss bank accounts!
How are you today? I am Elisa and I joined the board of the foundation -secretary and treasurer- in October 2019 and the teams of the foundation in Indonesia, on February 2020 as a volunteer for the Fair Future programs.
If you want to make a donation by bank transfer, there are our bank details in Switzerland
Fair Future Foundation
Route d’Yvonand 8B – 1522 Lucens (VD) – Switzerland
Banque Cantonale Vaudoise (BCV)
IBAN : CH 83 0076 7000 e543 5802 2
Bank clearing: 767
Fair Future Foundation
Route d’Yvonand 8B – 1522 Lucens (VD) – Switzerland
Credit Suisse Bank
IBAN : CH64 0483 5143 7008 9100 0
Bank clearing: 4835
Thank you very much for helping us and see you very soon.
Teachers tells you (in Bahasa Indonesia)
Login to see all your donation
Pictures of the incredible work of Charis Foundation in Indonesia
The Charis Sumba school by the charis indonesia foundation was founded in 2017. For 4 years, the sumba charis school has created a program called sekolah kampung (village schools). “sekolah kampung” aims to offer children in disadvantaged and outermost villages the possibility of obtaining a quality education. This is because children living in the rural countryside simply do not have a school to go to every day to learn.
Just like the #RebuildMbinuDita site which is part of the collaboration with the Charis Sumba schools, children have to walk 3 to 10 kilometres to get to school. The consequences are that countless numbers of children and adults cannot read or write and have difficulty communicating. Another consequence is that the teachers of so-called “traditional” schools give harsh treatment to these illiteracy children.
During the “Sekolah Kampung” programs, nearly 20 schools were opened in 12 different villages.
To date (October 2020), Charis Sumba School has built 18 schools. That is 13 schools of early childhood education (PAUD) and 5 elementary schools (SD). In total, the Charis Foundation welcomes nearly 500 children (463 and counting) and employs 37 teachers (and counting), themselves young secondary school graduates from these very rural and ultra-peripheral regions.
Before teaching, they must follow a teacher training course that the Charis Foundation organises for a full period of three (3) months, full time.
Of course, these teachers must have a strong desire and a strong commitment to build and innovate their village through respectful and innovative means of education.
The children who are in the schools of the Charis Sumba are kids who cannot continue their studies due to economic factors. Parents cannot pay school fees for their children. The dream of these parents is that one day the supervised children can read, count, and have a good character in the future. So far, learning activities have been carried out in family homes, village offices, worship buildings and some of them have built learning homes based on self-help from the community. community.
The Charis Sumba School is also committed to supporting the teachers of the village. This training is carried out regularly once a month, in addition to visiting them at the places of activity and the villages, and to ensure that they perform their duties in an optimal manner.
During these three years, the “Sekolah Kampung” program has been very successful. We can see that the children are more confident in the classroom and at home. By their character, they are able to practice the culture of the queue at home, to thank others, to pray before eating and before going to bed, to help their parents at home. Academically, their literacy and numeracy skills improved from a young age. This change really encourages us to keep this program in place and to continue to grow.
Today, the charis sumba school wishes to maintain these activities. By setting up these many activities in programs, charis foundation had to face many challenges and obstacles.
- We must ensure the well-being of teachers;
- We need to acquire educational material to enable the transmission of knowledge;
- We must increase the knowledge and training of the 37 teachers from the villages;
- We must also ensure the essentials for the nearly 500 children who go to the schools of the Charis Foundation, through simple things;
This amount is necessary so that the Charis Foundation can continue the activities in favour of the children of the villages. Thanks to your generosity, Charis school will be able to:
- Organise training cycles more frequently in favour of teachers in the villages;
- Meet the learning needs inside and outside the classroom, but also in family homes for children;
- Acquire the necessary material to give children learning tools such as pencils, paper, glue to make games etc;
- Develop and ensure the pedagogic programs for the kids but also for the teachers;
- Increase children’s confidence in their creativity and development;
Therefore, we invite all parties to get involved to help children’s enthusiasm achieve their goals.
- Mbinu Dita – since August 2020 we are rebuilding a school and community centre in a very rural area of East Sumba. Thanks to this project, 100 children will soon return to school. It will also be the heart of our activities and projects with this community which counts about 300 families. We can’t stay on-site for more than two nights for logistical reasons there is no access to water and electricity;
- Hence, Rumah Kambera is a central and indispensable point in this long-term project to organise, plan and manage all of Mbinu Dita’s project from there;
- First Aid Kit – A project that aims to bring first aid kits to every school in East Sumba. Indeed, due to geolocation and the terrain, rural areas of Sumba do not have access to primary health care. For example, a simple scratch on foot (children and adults alike are mostly barefoot) can quickly become infected and become a significant injury. To prevent this, Kawan Baik Indonesia and Fair Future Foundation will provide first aid kits to more than 40 schools as well as train teachers on primary care treatment;
- Charis Schools – Access to education and knowledge. In collaboration with a network of volunteers and teachers from “Charis” foundation, we will organise training, conferences on subjects related to education, nutrition or health which will then be transmitted and taught in forty schools of East and West Sumba;
- Access to water – Rumah Kambera will also make it easy to collaborate with experts, knowledge sharing and to study needs. One of the main points is the lack of access to water; difficulties to rely on rain-water; we, therefore, wish to research and develop by using the resources of the island, ways to access safe and clean water. It is a long-term project that requires a “base camp” and suitable and functional premises;
- Let us go where no one goes – In the most inaccessible territories, live thousands of people who do not have access to the most basic needs in order to ensure them a healthier life, or basic medical care, access to drinking water so as not to be ill, or a source of light in order to read or study for children. This will also and above all allow us to provide medical care and take the children or even a doctor or a dentist in the nearest town which is more than hours away from where the foundation is active. A vehicle will allow the foundation to be able to get there by bringing equipment and this in safety for our volunteers and specialized collaborators;
- Permaculture – One of the greatest assets of this house is the land it sits on; large and suitable for cultivation, we will create a garden in collaboration with permaculture experts; the harvests will allow us to cook for the volunteers and the surrounding community. We will also organise training on nutrition, permaculture, experiment and find answers on how to cultivate this calcareous soil and adapt to the climate of the island where it rains only two months a year.
Rumah Kambera will be the heart of this project; preparation, teacher training and follow-ups will be done in this “base camp”.
#EDUCATIONFORABETTERFUTURE #BASICHUMANRIGHTS #CHARISFOUNDATIONSUMBA #SUPPORTEDUCATIONINSUMBA #KAWANABAIKBERBAGI
Who are the Kawan's already donate for "Charis Foundation" work?
Marianne CirelloCHF 40.00
Daniel et Fabienne SiggenCHF 100.00
Bonnes fêtes et bonne
année 2021. Meilleures pensées.
Fabienne et Daniel