Your country is United States so currency auto changed to US Dollars
This amount includes the purchase of the vehicle, its equipment and the costs for one year of operation.
Last donors for this cause
AnonymousCHF 34 000.00
AnonymousCHF 1 000.00
#RuralAreas #WeGoWhereNoOneGoes #FairFutureFoundation #Sumba #SafetyFirst
For several years now, Fair Future has been offering solutions for access to education, medical care, water, electricity, built schools or clinics in the most remote and difficult to access places.
…For nearly a year also, our teams and specialists have tried to do without a suitable vehicle either by using scooters or by renting trucks or off-road cars. Today, the foundation has made the decision to acquire its proper vehicle so that it can increase its logistical resilience, the safety of its staff, and the responses to the problems experienced by the communities of these ultra-peripheral and very rural areas.
What is the “Truck of life”, what is it for, where is it to go and who is it for?
- This truck increase our logistical and human resilience and no longer have to search for hours for a means of transporting food, essential goods for our activities on the sites;
- This truck transport the suffering, especially children from rural villages who do not have access to medical care. In an emergency, we must regularly organize a visit to one of the few specialist doctors in the City, sometimes more than 5 hours away;
- This truck reduce travel times because the sites on which we are involved are very far from each other, notably from our Base Camp located in Waingapu;
- This truck makes us able to work and develop projects carried out in the territories of the East (East Sumba) by the Fair Future Foundation Indonesia in a more logical and efficient way;
- This truck allow us to reach remote villages, using the only roads to reach them. Stony, muddy, steep paths flooded in the rainy season;
- This truck avoid us having to use two wheels to move around these rural and poor areas, preventing us from transporting material and equipment;
- This truck makes us able to project ourselves into the development of projects in terms of logistics above all. Because owning our own vehicle is the best option given our involvement for years in Indonesia and the foundation’s activities in East Sumba;
- This truck, we don’t have to rent vehicles and private drivers. The sites our staff have to visit most of the time every day involve several hours of travel in the vehicles we hire;
- This truck ensure the safety of our teams in the field because many of our employees have already fallen and been injured while using their scooters;
- This truck makes us saving money on the internal travel budget of our medico-social teams. The latter so far is too important and therefore we have to find a long term solution;
- This truck makes us feel freer, to gain independence, to be able to concentrate no longer on basic questions such as: “-How to get to the school site or the village …”, but on concrete actions namely: “-What should we bring there in order to finish the project?”
Transport our teams, our volunteers in safety and shelter from bad weather…The foundation’s other projects are access to water for villages, offer solutions for access to electricity and renewable energies, first aid kits per school and village, as well as educational and medical activities. and social. like “Photo Sumba Stories” which is coming to an end and which we will renew in favor of women in rural areas linked to an empowerment program dedicated to them.
We thank you very much for your help and also for allowing us to go to places where hardly anyone can help.
We would also like to thank you for giving us the means to improve our security, our logistical resilience and to participate concretely in the implementation of the foundation’s programs in the most rural regions of this vast territory in which we are involved.
Would you like to become a volunteer?Apply today and let's make great things together
Giving some of my time for a field mission is something I want to do. I don't mind living far from everything and without comfort. Living an authentic and unique experience with people living in rural areas of eastern Indonesia is an idea that I really like. Fair Future can only function with generous volunteers who give of their time. Volunteering your skills and your time allows you to make a direct contribution to the Foundation’s efforts. In the field, in the administrative, educational field… Your volunteering will also give you a natural feeling of accomplishment and will give you the impression of having really made a difference, with us!